Everything you need to know about VBS at Family Church
2023 VBS: "Twists & Turns: Following Jesus Changes The Game! Psalm 25:4
WHEN: June 12-16, 2023 **Family Night June 15, 6 pm-7 pm**
*Volunteer Rally & Training June 4, Windermere Campus
WHO: PreK4 -Grade 5 (current SY ’22-23) Childcare is available for younger children of volunteers
WHERE: Family Church Windermere | 300 Main St., Windermere, FL
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- $15 per child (children of non-volunteers)
- $8 for children of volunteers ($15 after May 17)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will registration open and close?
Registration will open on February 26 and close on May 17. After May 17, we will only accept children of volunteers.
Volunteers, please register yourself first. Once registered, you will receive a special PRIVATE LINK from [email protected] to register children/grandchildren of volunteers. See the instructions below.
My child is 5 but won’t start Kindergarten until September. Should I still register them in the PreK4 group?
Yes! All children should be registered into the grade they are in CURRENTLY for this school year. Registering them in the wrong grade could mean they aren’t placed in a group with their school friends, and the activities or reading materials aren’t on their level.
Can my child be placed in the same group as a friend?
We will try to accommodate buddy requests until May 17. BOTH children need to be registered into the same grade AND both register within a few days of each other. There is a place on the registration to write the full name of the other child.
Why should I register myself or my child early?
- The first 50 children to register will receive FREE Sunglasses!
- Each Monday, beginning February 27, we will draw a volunteer’s name to win an Amazon gift card! The earlier you register, the more chances you have to win! The first two drawings will be $25 each!
- After May 17 (when registration closes for other children), Volunteers may still register their child, but the price increases from $8 to $15.
- For everyone to have a safe and enjoyable VBS week, we need to ensure sufficient volunteers, materials, food, and space for everyone. We pre-order materials based on projected enrollment and don’t want to end up short! Also, the sooner we know how many volunteers we have, the sooner we can begin filling those vital roles.
Can students Grade 6-12 get volunteer hours to help with VBS?
For some programs, volunteering for a religious organization is excluded, but in most cases, VBS qualifies as a “community event” and can qualify. Check with your school’s volunteer coordinator to verify.
I want to volunteer, but I have children too young for VBS.
No problem; we have wonderful childcare available to our volunteers with children younger than four.
I want to volunteer, but I’m only available for four days.
Please let us know your availability in the Volunteer Registration Form.
May I volunteer with my child or friend/family member?
Yes. There is a place on the Volunteer Registration Form to indicate a desire for the following placement:
- With your child/ grandchild: We will happily place you in the same grade level as your child/grandchild as either a Tour Guide for their group or in a rotation area (Craft, Snack, or Recreation) for their grade level. To do so, you must register that child (using the special link for children of volunteers emailed to you) within 24 hours of registering yourself as a volunteer.
- With a Friend or Family Member: We will do our best to place you to serve alongside someone else. To do so, that person must also register as a volunteer within 24 hours of your registration.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION & FAQ
May I choose my own volunteer role?
Our priority and area of greatest need are that of the VBS Tour Guide. For all of our children to have a safe and wonderful VBS, our goal is for each group of 18-20 kids to be led by ( ideally) two adults and a student assistant as they make their way through all the fun activities of VBS. No curriculum experience or prior knowledge is needed to be a Tour Guide. Once we see how many children have registered and begin filling roles, we will prioritize filling these roles first.
If you have a personal or medical reason you cannot serve in this role, there will be a place to let us know in the Volunteer Registration form.
Can I be on the Student Praise Team?
Yes! Students currently in Grades 6-12 (SY ’22-’23) must register as volunteers as soon as possible to receive links to the music and rehearsal information and avoid the group reaching capacity. There will be a place on the Volunteer Registration form to let us know you’d like to participate in the Praise Team.
Praise Team members must be available for the following rehearsals:
- Sunday, May 21, 12:30-2:30 4-100
- Sunday, June 4, 12:30-2:30 4-100
- Sunday, June 11, 12:30-2:30 Worship Center
A Family Church staff member or Volunteer Coordinator already spoke to me about serving in a specific role. Do I still need to register?
Yes! All volunteers must register so that we have a record of you, can send you a background check link (volunteers over 18), and so we can order a T-shirt in your preferred size. On the Volunteer Registration Form, there is a place to add a comment with what role/area they’ve asked you to serve and by whom. *This is also the only way to receive the special PRIVATE LINK to register children/grandchildren of volunteers
How will volunteers get information about where they’re serving and where and when to arrive?
It is so easy! We have a special website with all that information which we’ll be updating in the weeks and months ahead.
VBS Volunteer Information Website
You won’t have to worry about missing an email from us! Everything you need to know will be on the special website.
The final volunteer placements begin after May 17 once we have a clearer picture of our needs. We encourage volunteers to check the website for updates all the way up to the evening of June 11, as we often must move volunteers into different roles at the last minute.
HOW TO REGISTER
Children of Non-Volunteers
- Register Kids of Non-Volunteers (Closes May 17*)
*After May 17, we will only accept children of volunteers
- AGES: PreK4-5th Grade (current school year)
- COST: $15.00 per child
- T-SHIRT: $11.00 (optional)
- Pre-orders end May 17. A limited supply will be sold on first come, first served Monday, June 12.
- T-SHIRT: $11.00 (optional)
Volunteers (with children and without)
- Register to Volunteer
- Volunteers receive a FREE T-shirt (while supplies last)
- Upon submission of volunteer registration, you’ll receive an email with a PRIVATE LINK to register your child. Check your SPAM/JUNK folders for an email from [email protected]
- AGES: Babies-Grade 5 (current school year ’22-23)
- COST: $8.00 per child ($15 after May 17)
- T-SHIRT: $11.00 (optional)
- Pre-orders end May 17. On Monday, June 12, a limited supply of T-shirts will be sold first come, first served.
We’d love to hear about what you’re looking for and can help answer any questions you may have.